He was 36-years-old. Although it was initially reported that Sage died of a drug overdose, a lawyer for the family denies he had any substance abuse issues and toxicology results have not yet been obtained.
After news of Sage's death broke, a rep for his father released a statement saying, "Sylvester Stallone is devastated and grief-stricken over the sudden loss of his son Sage Stallone. His compassion and thoughts are with Sage's mother, Sasha. Sage was a very talented and wonderful young man. His loss will be felt forever."
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Sage had been dead in his room for at least three or four days before his body was found. An insider said that he "lived like Howard Hughes," often spending days confined to his room, which was "littered with junk," including cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food." There were also reportedly two drawers filled with pill bottles.
According to TMZ, no one had spoken to him a week before his death -- and even though a housekeeper had stopped by his place, she was never allowed to enter his room. It was reportedly the housekeeper who discovered his body, after Sage's mother asked her to check on her son because she couldn't get in touch with him.
Family attorney and longtime friend George Braunstein denied TMZ's report, claiming that Sage posted photos on Facebook just 17 hours before he was found. Braustein also said, "Sage didn't even drink. There was a report that his room was filled with liquor bottles. Actually, they were empty bottles of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda."
QUESTIONS FOR YOU TO PONDER - AND ANSWER - USING YOUR FACEBOOK LOGIN BELOW...