At 91 years old, Betty White's career is still going strong and the comedian has no intention of giving it up anytime soon. The Hot in Clevelandstar opened up to the Huffington Post about the idea of retirement and which role she'd like to be remembered for 100 years from now.
Betty said, "Why should I retire from something I love so much? I'm blessed with good health; I'm blessed with being invited to participate in television, so why should I say, 'No, no, I'm retiring.' To do what? Nothing that I could possibly find to do would be as much fun as what I do for a living."
- When asked what role she'd want to be remembered for 100 years from now, White replied, "I hardly think people are going to be remembering me for long. Once you go away, you have to be pretty special to be remembered afterwards. I don't care what role they pick, I'd be thrilled if they remember any of them!"
- Betty also admitted that her favorite role was playing Rose Nylund on Golden Girls.
Questions we ponder - and hope you'll answer using your Facebook login below:
- Will Betty be remembered as a legendary comedic actress?
- If you loved your job, would you still want to be working at 91?
- Do you have plans to retire? What do you want to do?
- Which celebrities are at the point in their career where they probably should retire?